Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rollin' Heavy

Had dinner last night at an outdoor cafe near the marina.

Sitting on the opposite side from me was an arrogant loud-speaking guy, who became louder and more obnoxious with each beer he ordered.  Soon he started yelling, "Who's rollin' heavy?  Who else besides me is rollin' heavy?  Nobody?"

Then to prove his point, he left his server a $245 [two hundred and forty-five] dollar tip and staggered out.  He climbed into his truck and as he pulled from the parking lot, the driver's door flew open ... and he spilled out onto the pavement.

I was too far away to tell if he hit the ground still rollin' heavy.

--   --   --

If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. I will break down your stubborn pride and make the sky above you like iron and the ground beneath you like bronze.
- Leviticus 26:18-19