Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Night without End

Went to bed last night at 8:30 PM; got up at about 5:50 AM.

You're thinking, "Wow ... you scored 9 hours of ZZZ's!" but nossir, I logged zero hours at the slumber controls.  That's the first time ever that Insomnia's taken me the full 15-round distance.

Tried reading two different books* three different times, tried counting**, tried doing 3-place multiplication in my head (like 627x398), which is usually FOOL PROOF and guaranteed to put the lights out pronto, but not last night ... I kept forgetting what numbers I was trying to multiply.

Anyway I'm up now and figure by not sleeping last night, I got the privilege of living the equivalent of one extra day.


** My interior voice didn't sound like me; it sounded like someone standing behind me  :-)