Thursday, July 13, 2006

Insomnia

WHAT am I doing up at 2:54 AM?
I messed up earlier by fslling asleep for an hour around 6 PM.

What's there to do here in LA [Lower Anderson] at 3:00 AM?
Not much. I had the idea of disguising my voice, calling DJ's house and demanding he let me speak to Elvis, until I realized DJ's probably already up editing. Or still up editing. And DJ probably knows somebody who knows somebody in Nashville who knows how to get in touch with Elvis. So I dropped that idea.

What'd you do instead?
Stopped by the AVClub, and checked out the movie reviews. It's really surprising how few people there are up blogging between 3-4 AM.

Any chance now of ever falling asleep?
I much doubt it.

Any thing you're particularly happy about now that it's almost 3:30?
Yeah ... I'm glad roaches don't chirp like crickets.

You'd better get some sleep.
Ok, but I think I heard the new rooster go off ...

3 comments:

ken said...

still developting the movie reviews. Is it a problem that I was already online reviewing DURING the movie. That doesn't speak well for the movie.

Jules said...

Thanks for elvissing me today! I hadn't been yet. To read more go to: vividintellect.blogspot.com :O)

joe hall said...

Jules, yeah while I was waiting to fall asleep last night I cruised over and read about Elvissing ... and didn't even realize when I was doing it! I guess somehow that shows Elvis still shows up when we least expect it! :-)