Sunday, July 23, 2006

You Can't Teach An Old Dog ...

The only TV I watch any more these days is the news.

(Before I say anything else, rather than risk leaving you with the wrong impression about things, I'll avoid mentioning any names and use a pseudonym for the specific network instead).

Seems like every time I'm watching "The Foxy News Channel" they play that 10-second "Play In" with the barking dog sound bite [sorry] at the end.

Problem is, their dog barks through my rear speakers and doggone it, every time that happens I immediately Run to the Window to find out what's got Luke so upset.

Every time. I still do it. Even if Luke's in the room with me waiting for The Dog Whisperer to come on.

Luke doesn't even lift up his head, he just rolls his eyes and snickers till I settle back down. Man, you'd think I woulda learned by now.

Sometimes I look at Luke, and gotta wonder who's training who.

No comments: