Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Notes On Dissin' Experience

--Part 4--

I Only Like What I Already Know

What stunned me most during film school was learning that your local theater makes no money, I mean Zero, zilch, nada, sifuri ... from selling you $9 admission tickets.

What?! How is that possible?
Because your local theater pays 100% of your ticket back to the distributor in movie rental fees.

Then how do theaters stay in business?
By selling you popcorn, soft drinks and frozen Milky Ways.

But you already knew that. Didn't ya?

Hollywood studios only make movies according to how much popcorn they're expected to sell. So I don't have to keep on explaining why so many movies today ARE SO STUPID and aren't worth watching.

So what? Look, I only go to movies to be entertained and have a good time.
I have no problem with that. But would you consider watching a silent or foreign movie sometime, to see what they're like?

No! That's stupid.
Whaaa? You're reading a blog, but ya won't try reading a movie? Not even once?

-- next Part 5 --
Critical Question #3
(By the way, the popcorn stand's in the lobby ...)

1 comment:

Jules said...

I'll try watching a silent or foreign film. Any suggestions?
-J-