Friday, July 07, 2006

Me Too DULL for the Cutting Edge

I'm hardly a serious student of cinema, nor have I once been accused of being a connoisseur of fine film-making. Most of the movies I like don't even make sense to me.

Revealed: My Life As A Movie Moron

Here's a few movies lots of folks rave about, but left me shakin' my noggin:

Fight Club (1999)
Being John Malkovich (1999)
O Brother, Where Are Thou? (2000)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Magnolia (1999)
The Usual Suspects (1995)
Sideways (2004)
-generally, anything with characters appearing in masks, fur vests or spandex body suits-

Then there's some I like that leave other folks with migraines:

Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels
Sexy Beast
Snatch
Run Lola Run
Mulholland Drive
Memento

AVCLUB TECH UPDATE
Yesterday I went totally wild, flashed my router, and boosted my xmit power to 135. I'm bold that way, you bet. Still have trouble remembering "righty-tighty lefty-loosey" though.

FRIDAY'S Mix Your Own Playlist:
Are You Looking for Me? - Yoko One
Left Hand Suzuki Method - Gorillaz
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley (only folks who doodle along at 15mph in the left lane with their right-turn signal blinking don't love this song. Let's hope you're not one of them ...:-)

No comments: