Thursday, July 27, 2006

What To Say To Someone Who Realizes They Made A Bad Mistake

Never say "I told you so" to anyone who's at the end of a relationship. Besides sounding insensitive, anybody can quote cliches ...which makes cliches worthless.

Try these instead:

1. A vampire can't come into your house unless you first invite him.

2. You knew it was a snake when you picked it up.

3. Maybe it really is you every time.

4. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

5. Looking at the big picture, it's all small stuff.

Life is good here inside The Blue Book.

5 comments:

o.r.p. said...

but.. but.. there's a reason why they're cliches.. :)

--b

joe hall said...

... But, as was recently so thoroughly demonstrated, I'm not very perceptive, and hardly ever "get it." What's the reason they're cliches?

Jules said...

Aww, don't be too hard on yourself, papa. (And ignore my plenty of fish in the sea comment earlier!) LOL

-J-

Jules said...

Turn on some GBSea and dance your blues away. I bet Luke will find that amusing to watch and in the end, all will be good again. Wait, is THAT a cliche?? :O?

-J-

o.r.p. said...

Because everybody says them when they can't think of anything else to say. ;) Don't feel bad, I never "get it" either. In fact, every time I try, I end up overanalyzing and being totally wrong. Of course, being wrong most of the time makes it a wonderful surprise for me in the case that I'm ever right. :-D
--b