Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Our Small is Your Mall?

When I moved to The Electric City seems like the mall had about four stores and a twin-theater ... including a Sears on one end and a Belk's on the other. All that's changed now: I think there's 10 stores and a foodcourt.

Consider that West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, Alberta Canada is the world's biggest shopping mall:

over 800 stores
58 entrances
20,000 parking spaces
26 movie theatres
23,500 employees
In floor space, it takes up 115 football fields

Adds a whole new dimension to squinting across the parking lot and mumbling, "Honey, do you remember where we parked the car?"

2 comments:

Jules said...

In fact, if you ever get the chance... it's a great place to spend a day, or two days, or a week (West Ed, I mean). There's a hotel, waterpark, skating rink, amusement park, Burbon Street (nightlife stuff), and never ending shopping... not to mention the food courts! :O)

joe hall said...

I can't even imagine what a mall that size must be like. And an indoor water park ... it's really amazing.
On the other hand, my idea of shopping is picking up a Diet Coke and a Slim Jim at the same time I'm buying gas :-)